Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Communication

I think that everyone's perception of a fight can be different. I know with my first husband when I thought we were having a discussion, he thought we were having a fight. I think the key to good communication is that you are able to talk about anything. Good, bad, indifferent, controversial topics...everything.

It does not mean that you will agree 100% on everything that will ever come in to your lives. But that you are willing to compromise and to work things out. To put aside your pride and need to be right all the time, and admit when you are wrong and to be humble. I believe that we all need a lesson in humility just to keep us in check, so we don't get cocky and full of ourselves.

I know that communication is my down fall. I brush a lot of things off in stead of saying something, not because I am afraid but because I do not try to sweat the small stuff. Then I feel like eventually it becomes a big thing because all that brushing off just ends up in a big pile right next to me. I think that if I would take the time to tell people how I feel--like "you know that bothers me but I don't mind letting it slide this time"-- then at least they know and will be aware of how I feel and that if it does keep happening then it will not be a shock when I say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

No comments:

Post a Comment